The Paragons of Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to The Paragons. Join us in the heat of battle in the lands of Novus and Azeroth!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My time on Ether - Battle Report 1

Go down 
AuthorMessage

My time on Ether - Battle Report 1 Empty
PostSubject: My time on Ether - Battle Report 1   My time on Ether - Battle Report 1 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 11:31 am

Just a random idea, I thought I'd start posting every now and then about some of the raids I come across during my time online. Kinda like battle reports, but just for interest more than anything else.

This week I started putting in a lot of time in Ether. The prospect of good farming and decent levelling seemed pretty appealing, as well as my desire to save up for a fancy booster too.

The first day wasn't too bad. Getting my bearings was the main priority, as well trying to beat Chooty up for those damm maps. That proved a little difficult as Chooty tends to heal a lot, and when I finally got him down to low health either somebody KSd me or Accretia turned up and sieged Bell Wharf. Fun. I did get the maps though, so fair enough.

Then something happened. Accretia vanished. It was the Isis buff.

I had no idea what an Isis was, until I was brutally cut down in 1 shot by one, accompanied by that really annoying sound. At least with Accretia siegers I could stand a few hits.

Ether changed quite a lot. My attempts to level and do Ether quests became hit and run missions as almost every time I would be killed by a solo Cora and their Isis in 1 hit out of nowhere. Or to be more precise, as the saying went around Ether at that time, Isis and a noob Cora.

Accretia raiders at Bell Wharf were quickly wiped out by solo Coras turning up for some kills and even when more Coras turned up, it was basically a free for all, with none of the tactics Accretia raiders tended to use.

Once I hit my goal of level 45 so I could use my new Magnetic Plate armour and Intense Sickle Knife (that I got from a medium gift box on my first try!) I was out of there pretty quickly. Unfortunately, Solus was also under the influence of Isis raiders, so I eventually stopped playing for some good ol' FPS.

When I eventually returned after the Isis nerf, things went back to normal pretty quickly (save for 1 isis kill, but at least I stood my ground for a bit). I hit Ether again to farm and level to discover that Cora had pretty much vanished. Accretia and Bell parties made little work of the solo Coras, and life went back to normal on Ether, with only the ocassional Bell Wharf siege and bridge minefield clearance to make life exciting out of farming.

Except for JR getting stuck in a hole on the bridge coming back to the wharf and my first booster failing, damm.
Back to top Go down
Arngrim
Admin
Admin
Arngrim

Character sheet
The Paragons RPG:
My time on Ether - Battle Report 1 Left_bar_bleue1000/1000My time on Ether - Battle Report 1 Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: My time on Ether - Battle Report 1   My time on Ether - Battle Report 1 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 7:16 pm

Time to begin the chronicles of takhus lol

And rock on with all animus being sent back to retail... means the cora are gonna be easy pickins when it comes to raiding for cp lol

If we do any raids, I'm choosing Harem and Numerous for a while to get back at those bitches lol
Back to top Go down
http://theparagons.forumaction.net

PostSubject: Re: My time on Ether - Battle Report 1   My time on Ether - Battle Report 1 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 8:27 pm

Arngrim wrote:
Time to begin the chronicles of takhus lol

And rock on with all animus being sent back to retail... means the cora are gonna be easy pickins when it comes to raiding for cp lol

If we do any raids, I'm choosing Harem and Numerous for a while to get back at those bitches lol

true that. Those isis's (ises?) were really annoying, now they've become a whole lot easier to take down.

Nevertheless, ether's still going to be a pain. For now, i'm going to stick to ABA parties until 49.
Back to top Go down
Arngrim
Admin
Admin
Arngrim

Character sheet
The Paragons RPG:
My time on Ether - Battle Report 1 Left_bar_bleue1000/1000My time on Ether - Battle Report 1 Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: My time on Ether - Battle Report 1   My time on Ether - Battle Report 1 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 9:31 pm

Ether was always a pain, now it's gonna be fun to finally roll those Cora when they try to raid the Bellato Wharf. The Acc are easy to handle because they don't hit very hard, but the Cora were a pain in the ass until today.
Back to top Go down
http://theparagons.forumaction.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My time on Ether - Battle Report 1   My time on Ether - Battle Report 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

My time on Ether - Battle Report 1
Page 1 of 1